What will you learn during your Hour of Code?
Introduce your students to coding in a fun and stress-free environment! During this hour-long session, participants will learn the basics of Scratch programming by solving a series of puzzles created by Code.org with engaging themes such as Angry Birds, Frozen, or Minecraft. The Hour of Code program is an ideal option if you have a larger group of students, cannot run a six-week program at this time, or just want to get a taste of our programs - it's the perfect option for teachers wishing to provide their class with a fun and educational treat! This program requires no prior experience in computer science.
During this course, students will...
- Use Scratch block programming to solve a series of puzzles.
- Learn basic programming logic, including loops, if-then statements, and variables.
- Work with a trained and dedicated staff of Vanderbilt student volunteers.
More Programs Like This
- Program format: One (1) hour-long session
- Student pre-requisites: None
- Class capacity: 40 or fewer students
- Program cost: Free!
- Location: Your school or program site
- Requirements: School or site must be able to provide a computer or laptop device for each participating student, internet access, a classroom space with projector, and a supervising teacher.
“Thank you for this fun opportunity!”
"Thank you very much for teaching us coding. I enjoyed making my small skit. My favorite part of this course had to be having my characters interact with one another. Customizing the characters to have different appearances was also enjoyable."
— J.G, 2016 Participant (KIPP Academy)
We'd love to work with your students!
Our services are completely free - start planning your Code Ignite program today!